Friday, March 10, 2006

Getting rid of a little baggage


You know when life just get so busy that you forget to do anything for yourself to look after yourself? I feel had one of those weeks, and even though we were organized enough to get all the groceries at once (big achievement of late!), and cook all the lunches and dinners from the no count menu planner, I am still a little nervous about weigh in. I don't usually get really nervous, but I have been stuck at the same weight for the last 6 weeks and it is starting to get to me. Oh well, if I make good, healthy choices, they will catch up to me, eventually!
I have also had to tackle a few emotional trails lately, and that is my BIG habit I am always working on and the reason I am blogging, to get everything out and not bottle anything up that could pose a exploding, binging danger... :)
So things I have done this week are to plan, so I can't fall to eating whatever, and when wanting chocolate, I put it away in a container, not left it in the packet where I ca nibble and nibble... So I feel really good about that. I also chose to not hide in big clothes. I hid very well behind my weight, and previous attempts at losing weight were very half-hearted (though I can only see this by hindsight!). After a very bad boyfriend experience in high school I really let myself off the hook for all my eating behaviours, saying that I wasn't beautiful or worthwhile, and really doing everything I could to keep myself fat and 'unattractive'. Not anymore! I have a loving, wonderful husband and those awful emotions are behind me, and I won't revert back into the habits that I formed back then whenever I have bad day, or am feeling down, or anything! This is my changed, permanent life!
I like rambling, it's very helpful!
:)

No comments:

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...