Thursday, March 30, 2006

Famous Short Women







I got to thinking the other day, about how everytime I watch a movie or TV show etc, I think to myself, I could never look like that because they are all so TALL. So I took it upon myself to find some shorter famous women, and see what they looked like. I found a site that lists heaps of people by height, it was really quite fascinating... These are the most relevant to me and my shortness, as I am around 5'2".

Judy Garland 5'3"
Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) 5'3"
Melissa Joan Hart (of TV's "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch") 5'3"
Vivian Leigh 5'3"
Natalie Portman 5'3"
Jennifer Love Hewitt 5'2-1/2"
Gillian Anderson 5'2" [1.57m]
Tori Amos 5'2"
Christina Aguilera 5'2"
Paula Abdul 5'2"
Rachael Leigh Cook (star of "She's All That") 5'2
Sally Field 5'2"
Holly Hunter 5'2"
Avril Lavigne 5'2"
Shakira 5'2"
Elisabeth Shue 5'2"
Reese Whitherspoon 5'2"
Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia in Star Wars) 5'1"
Janeane Garofalo 5'1"


Since realizing that while I still have 7 kilos to go until I get to the top of my range, I am currently fitting into size 12 and now 10 clothes, I have actually started to get a little worried. I haven't been in the healthy weight range since my teens, and before I had fully matured at that, so I really don't know what to expect. But at the rate I am am going, I can actually see that I might just be quite petite after all. I think I will still have broader shoulders and chest, I am a swimmer after all, but I can see the petite-ness emerging, and it's really quite fun!
Most of the people above seem to be at a healthy weight, and they are all petite, so I don't mind having them as my inspirations! Its better than looking at those Olsen twins or Lindsey Lohan or any of the other waifs I see on the magazies everytime I just want to buy some groceries. I would love to be as cute as Vivian Leigh though, bring it on! :) and when I was little I used to pretend to be princess Leia (which worked really well, as up until a few years ago my hair was very very very long!), though not with the metal bikini, I'll give that one a miss.
I am very interested in the role models that children and adolescents have, and therefore thought I should explore my own role models too, so I think this might become a little bit of a theme for a while.
To all the beautiful short women out there, What do you think of the role models we have in the spotlight for our height?

1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

I like this post too. Being 5'2" I always relate to people who are my own height. Great blog.

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...