Monday, April 03, 2006

Before Photos!




I feel there is enough reasonably current photos on here, however up until now I didn't have any really clear (as in you can see the fat. They are not very clear, focused photos I'm afraid) before photos, as they were all on film. So I have actually attempted to take photos of my before photos, and I hope you can see them alright, and see the difference to me now too! :)
It was the photo on the top right that really made me cry. It was taken about 18months ago. I had got all dressed up in a dress that I wore as a bridesmaid, which was a 16, but when I wore it for my friends wedding it was quite loose (I just need the room around the chest...) anyway, I was still thinking I was that same size, and I put this dress on to go out in, and it was tight. Really tight. And it had a laced back top, and BIG skirt, so that's saying something. I ended up wearing my black trenchcoat over it most of the night (which didn't do up anymore anyway!) and when I got the photos back there really was no room for denial. I weighed in at a BMI of 34. Not pretty on a short girl!
So that photo is the one I show, when people want to know. It is the one in the front of my WW passport, and I think I will always keep a copy if it handy, just in case I get lazy... Because I never want to look like that again.
I did a lot of hiding in photos, so the other photos are older. The other photos are actually from high school, but at around about the same weight- though my chest did grow even bigger than that! My weight went on VERY quickly, and I think when these were taken I hadn't even realized it had happened! Looking at them I don't know HOW I couldn't have noticed, but denial is a powerful thing. I managed to lose a little at the end of high school, and had troubles again when left for Uni, but have been overweight (ok, obese according to the BMI and now the photographic evidence!) since my teens.
Never Again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rae, good on you!

Fabulous transformation :)

Anonymous said...

You are looking great 'what a difference'.Well done it just proves all the hard work is well worth it.

Unknown said...

Wow your an inspiration to me at least lol i need to lose the approx same amount of weight :)

Congrats girl u deserve it :D

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration, it proves that it can be done. I am about your height but started at just under 100 - just starting out on the long journey, hope I can be as successful as you.

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...