Sunday, June 04, 2006

I've created...

A recipe!

I have a tendancy towards the end of of the week, in the days before I do a new food shop, to create recipes out of whatever is around. Today's worked out exceedingly well, so I thought I would share!

basically that genius of my recipe scheming lay in the fact that I made dumplings from the damper recipe...

oh they were yummy...

:)

so basically if was a fish casserole with dumplings.
so that can be it's name.

Ingrediants:
Fish (cos I had some in the freezer, and no other meat in the house)
red lentils (about a 1/2 cup ish? I didn't measure, whatever feels right. :)
2 carrots
celery
green beans
vegetable stock

Cook together in a saucepan with just enough water to cover them all, boil away for a while...
While it's happily cooking, mix

1 cup wholemeal s/r flour
pinch salt
1/4 milk
1/4 cup water
Good shaking of dried oregano
Good shaking of mixed dried herbs

in a small-med bowl, until sticks together and still a little sticky.
Then put the whole contents of the saucepan into a casserole dish (with a lid), make dough into dumplings (I made 2 for my hubby and 1 for me) and place in the mixture (which should be thick by now cos all the lentils have stuck it together), and spoon a little liquid over the top of the dumplings so they are moist. Then stick the lid on and stick it in the oven for 20 mins or until the dumplings look so good you just have to eat them.
:)

Ok, so that was half recipe and half commentary. But I have fun cooking, and I don't make notes or anything, I just go with the flow!

Anyway, all the ingrediants are No Count, and it's lovely and warm and filling. And it also isn't too "fishy" which I was glad about. It was just right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love gyoza at japanese restruants.. dumplings rock my world. u must come to melbourne and spend the weekend with me eating dumplings? yes? good!

d xxx

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...