Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm back in the swing of things!

I'm feeling very proud of myself at the moment, I was really struggling to get going and eat right and get back into exercise after being sick last week, especially since I still have to be careful of overtaxing my lungs, but yesterday and today I have really felt back in control, have been eating perfect No Count food, not using extras and exercising happily, it's such a good feeling to be back into my normal routine!
That in itself is saying something, isn't it? I'm not used to to NOT exercise, and not eating right, that I really hate it when I don't/can't. Shows this is a lifestyle thing, YAY! :)

And my Hubby has been back into the gym! I'm so excited, because he is so much happier and energized when he is exercising regularly! Unfortunately doing three weights sessions in a week seems to have lead to a 1kg gain for him (so does this mean I still have a shot of getting to goal before him?!?! MUST DO IT!! tehehe :)
Still haven't got a pic of him riding and playing xbox at the same time, though I did try it out myself! I have a thing for Spyro the Dragon on the playstation (I know it's a kids game, but I obviously don't have the game players skills...), and I tried to play and ride, but I kept stopping every time Spyro needed to stop, or a baddie jumped out or whatever. So I think I'll stick to more conventional methods of exercise!

My only drama this week is that I'm away on the weekend, and so will not be able to weigh in as normal on Saturday. So I weighed in last night at a different meeting and lost 0.4kg since Saturday, so I'm pretty happy with that! Now I've got to just remain in control at a hen's night on Friday and an engagement party on Saturday, and not be distracted by all the treats that I'm sure will be sitting temptingly in my parents pantry when we go visit!

Oh, and I don't think I've meantioned it yet, but I have filled out my City to Surf form, It's all ready to go! So 8 weeks to go, and I'm looking forward to it! My hubby is going to go in it too, so I even have a training partner... though I think he thought I meant Cho-Cho-Train...

tehehehe :)

Enough rambling from me! If the rain eases up, I'm hoping to be able to go for my weekly walk with two friends from WW this evening... please stop raining... pretty please! Or at least, go fill up the dams instead!

3 comments:

Ails said...

Glad you are back on track Rae! Nothing seems so invigorating than knowing you have had a great week with food, exercise, etc, especially coming off a bad or sick week.

Well done on signing up for C2S - you'll have to blog a post-race entry afterwards!

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
Sound like you are going great this week, hope you will be as proud of yourself after the hen's night and engagement party!
Gotta love Spyro, have not played him in years! One of the kids I used to babysit had the game and we used to play all afternoon..
Good Luck on the City to Surf, good for you, signing up, very proud!
Most of all, have fun this weekend!
Mel

Anonymous said...

omg i am totally in love with spyro.. or i WAS when i was younger hehe yayyyy!

luv yah, glad ur bakc on track.. me too whooo go us tiny things!

d xxxx

p.s. ww mag here we comeeeeeeeeeee

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...