Monday, June 05, 2006

Isn't it great...



How others benefit from WW when you are on it?

Today I want to dedicate a post to my husband. He isn't a overly tall man (works well for me cos I am short!), and has always been a healthy weight, but after we got married he found himself developing a belly. And so the belly complaining began. And then the pants complaining began. I had a look, and it was at "that point", where we would have had to buy all new pants at the next size up, OR things would have to change. So I said well why don't you join WW with me, and so he did.

Since then he hasn't been having bread with every meal, just eating the lovely WW meals I've been making (and I had been making all along!), and he has even been getting onto the exercise bike and riding while he is playing his xbox to relax (it's really funny, I'll have to take a pic sometime...). He has kicked the "but the donuts were on special!" habit that he had if I sent him down to woollies to get something - particularily at night when things have been reduced, and he hardly ever has fast food (which I have to say he LIVED off in the days when we were courting, and he was doing full-time work and part-time Uni). In fact, he had Chickos (his favourite! Used to be Hungry Jacks at uni...) the other weekend as a treat, and he doesn't even enjoy it like he did anymore!

Anyway, just on the weekend I noticed his belly is almost gone!! Its so exciting! He only had 6 kilos to get back to the top of the healthy weight range when he joined, and he is now 0.6kg off it!!

I have to say I may be a little jealous that he will have joined, hit goal and become a lifetime member before me. But I'll deal with it! Cos he looks so handsome... and we don't have to buy new pants! WOOHOOO!!
:)

As of yet I can't seem to find single supporting photo of his loss (he always seems to be behind me!), So I just thought I'd put a photo from our wedding on here (which was definately pre-belly!). I'll have a look for photos later and see what I can come up with!

Isn't he handsome?! I love him so much! :)

9 comments:

jen said...

wooohooooo to hubby, he's a darling for joining ww with you, and achieving his goal too!! Love the pic too, he's got that "look" just for you, mwahhhhh Jen

Berrie said...

Oh wow Jen isnt it great when we help our loved ones when helping ourselves...your hubby is a cutie no wonder you love him and you are proud of him but I bet he is equally proud and in love with you too..
Thanks for your wonderful kind words on my blog and thanks for the compliment about my green site it is my favourite colour..it is so calming..
Keep being your beautiful self and next week you will get your loss too,
Berrie xxxxxx

beebeejaybee said...

how awesome to have your Handsome husband join you in changing habits, my dbf has started only eating untill he is no longer hungry thats a start.
I can't wait to see a pic of xercisebike xboxing sounds impossible
Have fun
B

kristy said...

thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog, it's great seeing your wedding photos up here. Your hubby definitely looks like a cutie. Congrats on your size 8 purchases...woo-hoo! That Curves is definitely paying off.
Have a great week, rae :)
x k

Berrie said...

Oh der sorry Rae I wrote Jens name when I posted my comment please forgive me ..tired..
Thanks for you help getting apic to my blog for my profile I just couldnt have done it without your help..
As for enjoying our exercise then yes I feel that is a secret to success...
you go Rae GO..
Berrie xxx

Mel said...

Hi Rae, looks good! you must be so proud of him, at least you know its achievable (if only I could talk my husband into doing it! )
Mel

Anonymous said...

he is a darling yes indeed.. just like YOU!

Margaret said...

It is so cool that you were able to support him when he needed it, and he supports you the same way. You are both gorgeous. And whoo hooo for not having to buy new pants.

Have just checked out your posts below and will have to try out some of those recipes. Yummmm.

Have a great week Rae - hope you have something great planned for the long weekend. :)

Lisa said...

How fab having him join you in WW! My husbands too thin - so weighing less than him has always been my goal (achieved now). You make a great pair!

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...