Monday, May 08, 2006

Real Denim... scary... and a new outfit...



Well this week the beautiful Tiny Donna has inspired me to do something I didn't think I could even contemplate, let alone do, and that is to actually try on jeans in a "real" jeans store. I am ashamed to say I have never actually done that! And I have NEVER tried on jeans without stretch, for some reason I thought that was the only way to have jeans...
Anyway, if you haven't heard about Donna's jean experience, go over to tinydonna.blogspot.com and check it out now!!
Actually I have to thank Nadine too, because her aim to get back into her size 9 jeans helped push close that change room door too!! You will get them Nadine!! :)
So I did the whole jeans thing really quick, cos I wasn't sure I would do it otherwise. The shopgirl must have thought I was a little weird actually... Anyway I walked in, didn't even look at the style of jeans, just looked at the labels, grabbed the first size 10 I could find, yanked it out and walked rather (ok, very) briskly to the change room and closed the door before I could think twice about it. Then I put them on... With all the usual comments going through my head (eg: these are little little little people clothes! Just cos you can fit other size ten's doesn't mean anything! I mean we all know that jean store are tiny sizes, right!)

And they fit! ARGH!

Why do I keep deluding myself?? I just don't get me!!! argh, I am so happy!!!

Anyway, I didn't buy them (shopgirl wasn't happy about that... woops. :) The reason being is that I am going to buy jeans for my next reward. But now that the ten fits... What size will I be by then??? Who know... But I am sure it will be a very exciting event!! I think I might have to take a girlfriend along though, I might get too excitable for my hubby to handle shopping with!!
:)

oh and the pics up the top are for my dear Berrie, to show off the new and improved Sexy Arms!

(GO TEAM SEXY ARMS!!!!!!)
WOOOHOOO (imagine me waving imaginary pompoms!)

AND, it is also my VERY FIRST, BRAND NEW size TEN top! It's for exercise, but still!! I am sure I will get some pretty tops sometime later, it's just that this was more urgent for support reasons! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg YAY! i told u :) so proud!

Rae said...

All Thanks to you!!

Tehehe, my hubby just came in and asked why you have gone cuckoo! he saw the three birdhouses next to your post... i have only just stopped laughing!!

Lisa said...

Hi Rae,
You look fabulous! I was so inspired by your blog that I finally took the plunge and set up my own! We are at the same weight at the moment, although you are a little taller (believe it or not) so my goal weights are a bit lower. Seeing you in that exercise top reminds me of the fact that I've just started wearing that style too - isn't it great to be able to wear something like this instead of a big baggy TShirt! And I found the "line" on my arms too a while back, I think everyone thought I was crazy going around saying - look at my line!
Anyway - well done - I have marked your blog for regular checking! CAn you tell me how you put your stats and exercise plan down the sidebar? I can't work out how to do it.
Cheers Lisa
(PS my blog is: www.lisas-lost.blogspot.com)

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...