Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've got the Winter Blues


I have the Winter Blues. I really don't like being cold, it's oh so depressing! Every winter since my teens (when I suddenly started feeling the cold...), I have put on weight. So I have a whole lot of Winter baggage I think! Last year I got pneumonia and was sick for months and put on 6 of the kilos I had worked so hard to lose, and there is NO WAY that I am letting that happen again!
I guess I am struggling with the very thought of many more weeks of this cold before I ever feel the comfortable warmth again. Then again, TinyDonna (who loves the cold, I am glad someone does! Really!) has informed me that Spring (which is still too cold...) is only 18 weeks away! I am so going to be at goal this Winter. It am not going to let the cold misery in!
I think one of my problems may stem from the fact that really have very little warm clothes to wear. Last winter I was a size 16, I haven't been smaller than a 14 during winter for 6 or 7 years!! I have NOTHING!! This is definitely going to have to change... I think I may have to do a bit of an Op-shop crawl and see what I come up with! Hmmmm, I'm feeling a bit better now that I have come up with this plan!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Rae
I hate the cold too - but it never used to be an issue for me - had all that extra insulation I guess. I also wonder if our bodies have problems regulating our body temperature whilst we are losing weight? So maybe this will the only really cold winter you will have, cause next time you'll be at goal and your body will have adjusted!

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...