Tuesday, May 23, 2006

One cold tiny bunny...


I'M FREEZING MY TINY TAIL OFF!!
Has anyone else found that they are far, far colder since or during their weightloss? I know this is not the first time I have complained about it, and I garrentee it will not be the last either!
So anyway, today I am wearing a million layers (see photo) and I know I look a little silly (refer to photo!), but I don't care anymore!

Actually, I am feeling a little better about it all now, because I just checked the current temperature and its a whole of 13.5 degrees, and its kindda spitting too... so it's cold. For me. Here on the coast. I know my parents in Canberra would tell me I am being silly, but it's just stupidly cold there!

Anyway, enough of me rambling about the weather- but my Dad is a weather man so it's in my genes- I wanted to celebrate that fact that I am not letting myself go overboard and eat and eat and eat to combat the cold. Believe me, I would really like to, but I am trying the zillion layers approach to the problem! I just had a big bowl of vegetable soup, and my hubby decided he wanted to make some savoury muffins, so he slaved over the oven and produced these lovely Spinach, Sun-dried Tomato and Fetta Muffins, from the WW Favourite Recipes. So I thought I would share. They arn't No Count, but I appreciate my hubby for them all the same!

Spinach, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Fetta Muffins
makes 12, 3pts each.

150g frozen chopped Spinach, thawed
2 cups s/r flour
1/2 cup pl flour
pinch cayenne pepper
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
100g reduced-fat butter, melted
50g sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated, sliced
150g fetta

preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Coat 12 hole muffin tray with cooking spray. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach.
Sift flours into large bowl, season with cayenne pepper. Beat together spinach, eggs, buttermilk and butter, and add to the flour.
Add the tomatoes and fetta and fold gently til just combined. spoon into tray
Bake for 25-30mins, until goldern and risen, leave for 5min before removing from tray.

When we made them we made more than 12, so I would say 2 1/2 pts, and very filling. YUM!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

OK I'm all caught up now LOL and as I sit here with jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, dressing gown, and ugg boots on I can say catagorically that YES I am feeling the cold a lot more.

I was wondering if it could be a circulation problem but with the exercise I do I doubt this is it. It is just that this is the first winter that I have almost 20kgs less of me so of course I am going to be colder. A great reason to buy a new winter coat though :D

Hope you have a lovely rest of the week Rae

mimbles said...

Me too! I've always thought of myself as someone who doesn't feel the cold but although I've still got plenty of insulation to get rid of yet, the missing 15kg is being noticed - I'm freezing!

Doesn't shivering burn kilojoules though? Maybe it's not such a bad thing LOL !

Bec said...

OH! They look so yummy!
I wish my boy would make me something scrumptious... maybe I will show him your blog as a hint hehe.
Lookin' good Rae!

Lisa said...

Rae - I was about to put up exactly the same post about the cold! I am literally freezing - day in, day out. My family bought me a lovely big supersoft dressing gown for mothers day and I'm even sleeping in it as its the only way to stay warm. I never used to wear "chunky knits" cause I'd get too hot - last night I wore two long sleeved TShirts, a cable knit jumper AND a woollen coat - and still cold! Bring on summer which I will obviously enjoy more than previous years!

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...