Sunday, May 21, 2006

MY BIG WEEK!!



Well as I already commented, I was a little unsure if my major amounts of exercise would be a good or bad thing this week. And coupled with that, last week I had an unexpected, unexplained, VERY large gain of 1.5kilos! So I was really hoping that was all gone (though I was sure it was, was feeling majorly bloated last week...). Anyway, this week I hoped an and lost 3.2kilos!! So basically my body is a little crazy, but I already knew that, so it's all ok. :)

I'm so excited about it anyway, no matter how crazy my body is!
tehehe, actually getting more excited the more i think about it! :)

So I am once again feeling happy about my weightloss as a whole. Oh, and i hadn't changed my weight on my stats for a bit, cos I didn't trust that gain (and didn't want to see the Perth gain either... Ok so that may have been a little silly of me but it is off again now!), so they are correct again now. I just didn't need to see that change in front of me, I needed the motivation to get back to what I was. ;)

In more exciting news this week, I bought my very first size 8 top! I hope you can see the pictures, they should be visible, but my monitor is playing up so I can't tell! I was so shocked though, I have been loving trying on all the size 10's in the shops (though unfortunately not having the money to actually buy! Oh well, it's still fun!), but it was a huge shock to fit the 8! It only happened because there was no 10 (and it was a sale rack, hence me actually looking and buying this time! YAY!), so I said oh well, I can see how far I have to go to an 8, and it fit! I showed my hubby (not telling him the size), and he said get it cos it is cute, and after getting it and walking half the way home I finally told him that "well actually it's an 8", and it's just a good thing he wasn't crossing the road cos he went all speechless and stumbled and stuff. It was really cute and funny. Anyway, I am really loving the whole new tiny me, but I am feeling shorter and shorter by the day... I guess all that bulk I used to have made me feel taller!

I have had a busy but lovely weekend actually, friends I haven't seen in the while were down my way so we went out for Indian last night (where I enjoyed but was sensible!) and breakfast at this LOVELY cafe on the North Beach of Wollongong. And a very tiny friend of mine was amazed and told me how tiny I am looking and that was lovely. I really do love myself and life and all the energy I have, it's so refreshing and invigorating! I was reflecting back on how many years I have been struggling with my weight, and about being a fat teen in high school, and I am ready to close the door on that existence for good. I have tried and tried and not made it stick, not gone the distance, but this time I have and I will keep on going!

I'm adding more cycling back into my exercise this week I think, haven't done that for a while. Need to keep things different! And watch out, here I come towards goal!

:)

Sunday arvo update...

Rae's New Stats,
which I have learnt from Jessie (beyourself-onlybetter.blogspot.com)

- Age: 22yrs
- Body Fat Composition: 33.0%
- Weight: 68.8kg
- Lean body Mass: 46.1kg
- Fat Mass: 22.7kg
- BMR: 1433cals, or 5990Kj

New thing I have learnt this week:
BMR stands for Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the amount of energy you need each day, just to keep your body working, and not taking into account any movement or exercise.
I was surprised at how much we actually need to keep going... interesting... go see Jessie blog if you want to learn more... :)

Rae's body fat % aim: to get to 27% after my first 3 months at Curves.

8 comments:

jen said...

woooooooooooohoooooooo Rae, size 8....you tiny thing you!!! Good on ya, you look absolutely gorgeous, and love those sexy arms!!

Jen

Jessie said...

Yay for you! That's an awesome achievement...you would've never known unless you were a slave for the sales (like me!!). I love that colour on you too :)

p.s. looking forward to seeing your updates over the coming months. We are pretty much the same size (I'm hovering around 69kg's) so bring it on!!!!!
Jessie

Bec said...

Woo! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

you look so great in that cute little top rae.. i love yah lots!

d xxx

Lisa said...

OMG - a Size 8! Haven't even contemplated that one yet - FANTASTIC

My BMR (I love this stuff) is the same as yours. And then you can load it for the amount of exercise you do. I think you do about the same as me (6 days/wk moderate to hard intensity) - which brings it to 2,400. So if you eat 1400 cals/day (approx 18 points) you use 1,000 cals/day more than you take in - and over a week - 7,000 cals saved. And what does 1 kg fat lost equate to? 7,700 cals. So hey presto - we should be losing approx 1 kg/week!

Rae said...

Hey thanks for that Lisa, thats awesome news!! That would be so nice, 1kg of fat gone every week... and since i'll get my body fat percent checked on the second, i will be able to confirm whether the weight i've lost has been fat or not! YAY!
i like all this, it's so useful...
Rae :)

Margaret said...

Love all the stats. I have been looking at BMR for a couple of weeks now and actually have a draft post on it sitting in blogger but was waiting for more information. I will check our Jesse's blog a little later to see what the clever chickie has been up to.

Good goals too :D

Margaret said...

WOW a size 8 (I thought it was two different posts LOL)

You look sensational and the top is so nice with that necklace. I don't think you look shorter, if anything wouldn't being slimmer make you look taller because it is more proporationate? Anyway, either way, you look GREAT :D

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...