Monday, May 29, 2006

Proof of a new me!

Today, I am not moping. There is no eating whatever is around, or random eating throughout the day because my brain is fogging and I'm just not focusing. Nope, none of that today. Last year when I was recovering from a BAD bout of pneumonia, I wasn't very hungry and got really fussy (meaning I only wanted hot chips and pies), and the moping random etc happened. ALOT. Last night I went to bed so early, and have slept for at least 14 hours, and have a horrid cold thingy, but I am not defining my day by it. In fact, I downed the cold/flu battling thingys, put my gym stuff on and went to the gym (where I did not cough or sneeze and used plenty of antibacterial gel stuff - so never fear on that front).
So I am so proud of me! Because it didn't even occur to me to have a 'I'm sick so I deserve a day off' kind of day, I just went on with business as usual. Every other time I have got sick I have still had to battle to get control. In fact I am sure there are other posts about it in my history, because I really do catch EVERYTHING that goes round.
So I really am counting the positives right now, and that makes me even happier. So far this week (my week starts on Saturday as that is weigh-in day) I have only used 4 1/2 extras points and of that only 2 1/2 of them are sugar points, which has got to be a weekend record for me. So I am hoping to keep that low, and hopefully it has a great effect on my weigh-in this week!

*update from last post*
THE SOUP IS FABULOUS! And my husband absolutely LOVES the wholemeal herb damper too. I used to make a lot of damper for us, but not with herbs and using normal flour, but since going on No Count I have made it a lot less. This damper he actually enjoys even more (and we just used dried herbs not even fresh, but I intend to try the fresh too!), and it's completely No Count! WOOHOOO!! So we have made again since as we still have soup left to eat... I love soup...
And Curves is wonderful, excellent, love it, can't reccomend it enough. It's also less than half the price of the other gym's around here, though I have heard that it is more expensive in the city. Then again, everything is isn't it?
It doesn't matter what exercise you do, those endorphins kick in no matter what, but the quaility of exercise is definately boosted at a gym! SO GO ENJOY EVERYONE! :)

5 comments:

Bec said...

Woohoo! Way to go!
I am going to start No Count as of tomorrow.
Well done about the whole sick thing. I would probably definitely use that as an excuse haha. I find its the days when you want to exercise the least, is the days you need to the most.

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

good girl, give me some positive stuff too please!

reece is staying at my house tonight wheeeeeeeeee

*cheeky grins*

mimbles said...

Rae, thansk for your comment on my blog, I think you've inspired me :) No more excuses, no more days off, I shall drug myself up to the eyeballs with Codral and pretend I'm perfectly well! My meeting is tomorrow morning, that should give me the kick up the bum I need. Wish me luck!

Here's hoping tomorrow finds us both feeling heaps better!

Lisa said...

Isn't it great when you can see that you've changed habits? Its so encouraging that the weight loss could be for good!
Do you think you could share the soup/damper recipes? They sound divine.
BTW - thats an absolutely gorgeous wedding photo
Lisa

Ails said...

HI Rae! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving those absolutely lovely messages - especially today's, you are a real sweetie! I've just spent the last hour or so reading your entire blog and man, have you done yourself proud! And let me tell you, I gasped out loud that the amazing change in you from your before photos! You truly are inspirational :) Btw, I really appreciated your posts about push-ups and triceps dips - blane of my existence but a necessary evil. Anyway, hope your week is going well and I'll be stopping by regularly to check up on you ;) ~hugs~ Ails xxx

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...