Sunday, August 06, 2006

Belle of the party? :)



I don't mind if I wasn't, I had a fabulous time! :)
and everyone loved my new party dress, I had so much fun swishing it! it has a lovely swish! :)

seriously, my dress wasn't all the party was about... It was lovely to see everyone together and talk and laugh and get everyone's addresses written down in the one spot.... tehehe



It was really good, and Canberra is only 3 hours away, so I hope to be able to see everyone reasonably often! And one of my friend's told me last night that they might be moving to Canberra for work in the next few months too! So that's extra exciting! It's funny how everyone seems to move all at once! Most people go from here to Sydney though, about a third of the party last night was from Sydney! We saw about 25 friends, and had our own little room at the restaurant, so it made it lovely to be able to get around and talk to everyone! Quite a few people had last minute dramas and couldn't make it, so hopefully we will be able to catch up with the rest of our friends during the week! Hopefully for dinner so we don't have to buy takeway after our kitchen is packed?!?!?! *grin*

I didn't cry either, and neither did anyone else, which is probably to reason I didn't! No, all in all it was a happy, enjoyable time, not a soppy tearfest! Much better I think! :)

well boxes are getting packed, junk it getting culled, the salvos are taking our AWFUL wardrobes so I never have to see or fight with them again. Everything is busy, but we are doing well and enjoying it! it's nice having the time to pack and see people, rather than starting work in Canberra straight away!

oh, I don't think I had actually said what my new job is?! I'll be working as a photographer for Portrait Place! I'm so excited about it! Creative, meet lots of people and kiddies, and fast moving and exciting, I'm going to love it! Anyway, I'll let you know how I go when I actually start, cos it is all theory right now!




hmmm... What else....


oh! I have to tell about the dinner cruise last week!
well, what was supposed to be a cruise....

We turned up, and were so excited, and were heading towards the boat, which was looking suspiciously dark... And darker and darker as we walked. We got there, and there was no sign of life. At all. So we stood around in the freezing Canberra cold, and then we saw a figure rushing over the cold grass to meet us... Could only be bad news!

We were to ONLY booking, so they couldn't very well take the boat out for 4 of us. Problem was, that they had written down the wrong contact number, and had been trying to ring for 4 days (they were taking it in shifts and had even rung everyone in the phone book with the surname we had booked it with, except that they aren't from the area so obviously not in phone book!)
So anyway, they said we could either transfer to another time or have a full refund, but that we didn't have to decide right then - as dinner, drinks, EVERYTHING was on them for the night!
So we had a great time! I had this gorgeous Atlantic salmon fillet and steamed vegies and they keep asking us if we wanted more drinks, here's some bread, what would you like for dessert, can I get you a coffee... hehehe we were spoilt! I had some of the most divine cherry ripe tart (just a little - I was the only one not rolling out of there, actually I was fine! There was groaning from my husband though! haha!)
anyway, so we rescheduled to later in the year (we had saved up and paid already, so why not!), around Floriade time, and we all feel very happy with how it all turned out! Especially as it started raining anyway! :)

so eating has been a little tempted this week hasn't it... Last night I had grilled prawn fajitas... Which was great as I got to make them up myself, so no cheese for me! I did have some of our birthday/farewell cake though, which was caramel mudcake, but I only had a little amount, and I have said that I don't need to eat any of the leftover pieces sitting in the fridge, so I will be fine! I also exercised everyday last week, and will be riding my exercise bike today for sure.
Also, this will be a very no count week, I think half of my sugar points were used last night on the cake!
Oh, weigh in yesterday, I put on .4 which I wasn't expecting as I was sure I was significantly down for the week, but I had had a huge meal the night before, so that was probably still sitting in my belly! I was good though, even with going out, so I am not too worried. I'll get through, and next time I'm here to visit I hope to be at goal!

2 comments:

jen said...

wowwwwwwww exciting times, fabulous meals, great friends, good times out, a great new job!! Rae, keep smiling darl, you are looking absolutely great(love the pics, love the dress)...goal WILL BE achieved, just keep at it.

mwahhhhhh,
Jen

kristy said...

what a lovely comment from jen! well, here here to all she mentioned... rae- you're looking gorgeous, new fantastic things are headed your way. It must have been lovely to see all your friends, and in a way you've gotten 2 nights out for the price of 1 from that mishap! Awesome :)
Great work avoiding the leftovers, get some volunteers onto them asap, i say! There's a tub of ice-cream in my freezer left over from friends and I'm ready to give it up to my roommates... I'm not touching that stuff! No way... it's too close to Spring.. haha :)

Have a lovely week, good luck with hitting goal :)

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...