Sunday, April 02, 2006

My Fabulous Bellydancer Figure :)



Oh I got a fabulous comment last night! I am sick, have very little voice, and was at a dear friends 50th birthday party which was dress up. We had to dress up as something starting with A or B. Well I had all sorts of ideas.. And they all fell flat on their faces, and I was looking like having the leave with no costume, and then... I thought of my bellydancing bells! I did a bellydancing course a few years ago (when I was a lot heavier I might add! Good thing it was women only!), and have some bellydancing gear, and Bellydancer starts with B! YAY!
so I had a costume and I went along, with my flimsy pants and scarves and bells, and although I didn't do the revealing belly (which I considered, because I am starting to like said belly, it was just far to cold and I have been sick!) I was still a little self-conscious. I was soon put at ease however, when I a lady I didn't even know came over and started talking, and said
"oh, I'd thought about that [dressing as a bellydancer], but I don't have your figure to be able to pull it off!"
HUH! LOOK AT THAT! PRETTY GOOD COMPLIMENT, HEY! :)
I like compliments. I love giving them, and I love receiving them, and so I am going to celebrate every single one!
I really feel people don't give compliments as much as they should, even when they want to, so I am going to try hard to be kind, polite and complimentary whenever an opportunity arises!

Afterthoughts...
And the photos of me are actually quite ok, but you can see how desperately I need a haircut! Must get into 60's so I can cut my hair to flatter my face again! And must get better, so my neck glands are not so swollen, I even look at the pics and they hurt more! tehehe :)

No comments:

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...