Thursday, July 13, 2006

La de dar de dar...

What day is it today?
Oh that's right, it's Thursday!

Got a case of the brain fog monster at the moment, that and a case of Kermit the frog throat... :)

Anyway, I have a few days and a lot of stuff to catch up on! Some days I feel I have nothing interesting to write, and today is not one of them!

The stamp party on Sunday was great fun, if you get a chance to go to one, GO!! So much fun! It only ended up being small, but the people who came were absolute beginners, so it was good cos they got lots of attention. By the way, my Mum was the demonstrator, and she is loving it, the company is "stampin' Up!" and I positively drooled over all the stamp sets, and they are such good prices! Anyway, enough drooling, I put a pic of the card I made on here, what do you think?


The rest of Sunday was nice too, Mum and Dad stayed around a bit and it was great to catch up. Dad was really keen I think to do a bit of recon, cos we have some news...

WE ARE MOVING!

We have put in notice on our lease, and started looking for jobs in Canberra. I am not really keen to go, I have a thing about Canberra and how STUPIDLY COLD it is, and there is no beaches... But it's the best thing for our little family at the moment. My husband has been out of work for a few months now, and there is just no jobs (and ridiculously high unemployment) here in Wollongong, and there are a bizillion jobs in Canberra. So off we go!
I am treating it all as a grand adventure, oh and Donna, I am sorry we aren't moving to Melbourne! It's our second choice, so if Canberra doesn't pan I'm sure you will see us! :)
anyway, so I have been applying for jobs over the net to get a feel for what's going, and I have already done an initial interview for 3 jobs and I only started applying on Monday! ARGH!

Enough about moving, as it will probably come up a lot over the next few weeks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday was my hubby's birthday, and he had to put up with me spoiling him! I made him a bacon and egg english muffin breakfast, and followed it up with a muffin with candles!
I was able to take the morning off work, so we watched a DVD, then went out to lunch at a gorgeous restaurant called the harbourfront, overlooking the wollongong harbour, it was gorgeous, and the food was FABULOUS! I had a grilled dory thing which was to die for!
That night I baked him a butterscotch surprise cake cos I knew something he didn't, I had invited some friends over for a dessert things, and he was so surprised and thought it was great, it was wonderful! We are going to have a big birthdays/farewell thing in a few weeks, so he wasn't expecting anyone, it was great :)

Only down side for Tuesday? Silly silly RaeRae broke her toe!

I know, I know, you are all thinking I'm the little attention seeker, breaking my toe on my Husbands birthday, but I didn't mean to honestly! *grin*
Anyway, luckily the doctors where the quickest I have ever seen, so it hardly took any time out of the day, except for the fact my limping is slowing me down a whole heap! :)

So I am more than a little annoyed, as this means I have to be good with my food and get results that way, as I don't have the exercise to back me up... And I don't have a good track record with no exercise, cos I love it too much! *sigh*

So all in all, it has been an eventful week! I was rather down yesterday, from pain in toe, little sleep cos of said pain, and also both my hubby and I haw come down with rotten colds, and my throat is feeling much more like an infection with every swallow... At least I'm not eating... It's too difficult! Ok, I'll be good and go try eat some breakfast. :)
I did get a little sleep last night, so that was good, and I'm feeling positive and motivated. Especially since we have been cleaning, culling and packing, and I came across a photo I thought had been lost or destroyed forever... I think I had better put it up so I never feel inclined to "feed my pain" *grin*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

jen said...

ohhhhhhhh Rae what a week for you ehhh... Love that before and now pic..what a long way you have come, you are so tiny now!!!

keep smiling,
Jen

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
sorry I havn't been online in a while to catch up, I've been flat out at work.. you know.
Hope your toe is going better, what a pain that it happened on your husband's birthday!!
Good Luck with your move, hope you enjoy the cold!!!
Love the card, stampin' up is actually something I am looking into doing while on maternity leave, it sounds like you enjoyed it heaps.
Talk later, still lots of nausea,
Mel

Jessie said...

Hey Rae! What a fun week you've had - except for your poor little toe!

Don't forget, you should be able to ride a bike or even swim (except if you have a plaster :) so keep up the hard work,
see you at goal!

Jessie

Jessie said...

Forgot to add my excitment for you! It's always cool to be moving...but then you start packing and reality sets in... :)

Best of luck with job hunting, and at least you'll be moving there after the workst of winter, not at the start!!
Just a question, aren't you at uni??

Anyway, I'll keep a look out for how you go with your toe and exercise...thinking of you as you pack the boxes too!

Jessie

Lisa said...

Rae - have you just recently updated your ticker? I'm sure it didn't used to say 3.8kgs to go.. have you been holding back on us??
Lisa

Ails said...

Geez, what an eventful week you have had! Moving, birthdays, cold and your toe - ouch! - you poor thing.

Hope the pain had sbsided nicely over the weekend :)

Have a good week, hopefully whilst protecting your other 9 toes :D

Ails xx

Lisa said...

BTW - love the photo header - looks gorgeous!

Jessie said...

I don't have you're email, so I'll have to post you a message here - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Wishing you lots of fun and laughter...You look awesome, so I hope you enjoy your time!

*b'day hugs*

jessie

p.s. how's ur toe?
p.p.s. how did u post your picture thingy at the top of ur blog????

Margaret said...

What a fantastic card you made. It is gorgeous. Crafty get togethers are so much fun!!

Hope your job hunting, home hunting in ACT is going well, and hope your poor toe is feeling better.. *hugs*

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...