Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A new challenge!

Well I am rather sad to say that I am struggling! I have had a very busy few weeks, but no excuse will be allowed for the extra 1.7kgs I am now carrying. So I have set myself a new challenge. I have very good reasons to lose a little more weight in the next 6 months (think cute, lovable, and baking for 9 months), so I need to get myself into gear, as I know it will be slow going to get under 60kgs, but I am determinded to give myself the best possible pregnancy next time, and delay the wheelchair and bedrest for as long as possible.

So I have given myself a 50's challenge. I aim to be in the 50's for March next year, which is our tentative date for resuming fertility treatment (and therefore hope for a pregnancy to follow quickly thereafter!). There are a few other things that have to be achieved before then (toilet training, Xavier accepted into a daycare centre, etc) but I am moving this up the list. I started at 66kgs last time, and every extra kilo hurt that much more. And I only gained 7 all up. So if I can start at 7kgs less, hopefully that will be a much easier load for my hips!

So I'm tracking everyday, I haven't been over my points since last friday. Now that the Art Exhibition has opened (so I am no longer spending every waking moment painting, or some of the sleeping times...) I am planning to get back into exercise. Considering I was quite fit prior to Xavier, I need to make sure I get some serious core strength together, to help my hips.

Anyway, so that is my challenge. It's really just getting back into weightloss mode, but I have found without a solid new 'goal' the weightloss mindset has been completely lacking. I'm being realistic though. 5kgs in 4 months, it's less than 300gs a week. I can totally do that! :)

On the flip side through, we went camping recently, which basically meant I not only wore my new bikini out in public, but I basically lived in it for 3 days. Duane took this pic of me and Xavier as we were packing up to leave, and he somehow made me look a little like a supermodel! Must be because you can't see my tummy... but anyway, I really like it, and am so excited to actually have photos from a holiday that I don't cringe at. Well, not too much anyway! Besides, Xavier is just so cute... he loved camping so much, but he was exhasted and feel asleep before we had even left. Most days, I just love this age!

1 comment:

jen said...

What a wonderful reason to get back yourself on track....good luck Rae, not that you are going to need it.
A gorgeous pic too....of both you and Xavier...you are gonna be a super "hot mumma" at 59 kilo's coz you are one hot mumma already !!
keep smiling.

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...