Friday, September 29, 2006

Finding Clothes...


That scare the jeebies out of you!!!

Yes, I got a shock the other day when we were cleaning out what used to be my room 6 years ago, and is now where my hubby and I are staying. It still has a little "junk" in it, and as I was putting away our clothes into the draws I opening the bottom draw to find a whole stack of old shirts. And they are SCARY!!!

The one that hurt the most? My Rock Eistedfod Tshirt from year 11. We had to take our own shirt in, and we screen printed them. So it's actually kind of special to me. Anyway, I looked at the label. It's the background on on the pic.
SIZE 20!!!
When did that happen!! ARGH!!

The one I am holding in the pic I got at my first work experience with the Writers Centre. I had convinced myself that it was a small make, and that's why I was wearing the XL. It was really too tight (but it was the biggest size they had), I could hardly pull it over my hips and it was really tight on my chest, I have many uncomfortable pics in it.

The zoomed in? Funnily enough (cos it's the same size), this tag hurt heaps, cos I wore this size the 7 years I worked at the Australian Geographic shop, up until 2004. Goes to show, that even when I thought I was doing ok weight wise, I never got out of those size XL work shirts.

On a good note, I found a size 14 GIRLS shirt in there, even that was too big.

And when I ordered my shirts for the new job? The manager told me they were a small make, better order the size up. So I ordered a 10, perfect. THE SIZE UP IS A TEN!! HAHAHA!! :)



So these pics above are a little old now, and it's an unflattering shot of both of us as we had been moving stuff all day, but aren't these Orchids GORGEOUS! I love them, and I miss you guys in Wollongong!

Hmmmm, other than that, a Huge Hi to the Team Sexy Arms girls, we may have been a little quiet of late, but I am all fired up, and we are going look stunning in those sleeveless tops this summer - with our flat bellies too!!!

Oh, and for Patricia, I don't use a very special program at all! I do all my pics in Paint (the one that comes standard on Windows!) just before we moved a friend upgraded our computer and I have some great programs on there... When we finally get settled somewhere... Until then, paint it is! It's quite effective though!


13 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Rae!
Wow, finding that shirt mustve been so weird, to think you wore than and look at you now! TINY! Things like that remind you of just how far you've come. AND a size 10 is a size up now! Way to go! You are incredible and so inspirational! I have your blog bookmarked for anytime Im feeling low! Well done honey! You're doing it!

Lisa said...

Put on your sandshoes - the race is on

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
Glad to see you back and brighter than ever, you must be so proud of yourself to be so much small3er thatn your old t-shirt, can't wait to be able to do that! Good Luck on the move,
Mel

Ang said...

Hey Rae

You are looking FAB! who would have thought that Tshirt could have every possibly fitted ay?

Ang said...

Hey Rae

You are looking FAB! who would have thought that Tshirt could have every possibly fitted ay?

Leighanne said...

Wow that old shirt is huge!
Great that you are in a size 10 - I can't wait for that:)

jen said...

woohooooo my esteemed leader....yep all fired up and raring to go!!!

Jen

Ails said...

I can only imagine how great it would have been for you to type "THE SIZE UP IS A TEN!!" - wow! That's fantastic!

Berrie said...

Oh wow...what a girl...I am so happy for you...good to spring clean cupboards out and find treasures like that it makes you realise that you have come so far...well done darl and go team sexy arms....
Berrie :)

Carol said...

Wow, looking good now! Finding something like that makes you realise how far you have come doesn't it!

cj said...

you certainly have been successful.
Love your blog
cj

Leighanne said...

Just checking in to see how you are:)

emharvie said...

just popped in to see how you are doing - WOW! You're looking fabulous!! You go girl!

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...