Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Always look...


on the bright side of life!
Okay, so I have a really bad day, and a not so great week, and I could let it get me down... But I am not going to let it. Seriously, today I hit rock bottom, but when I hit the bottom and heard the thud, I decided I didn't like the bottom (its not much fun) so I am just going positive.

Just this "looking positive" thing is a huge positive! The old me wouldn't have done that. The old me probably would have quit my job or binged on chocolate or something equally stupid. So that's a great thing!

I have been struggling to eat well with no count lately, mainly because I am not in control of the day to day food. That lack of control was bugging me, but instead of whinging and keeping on 'kind of' doing no count, I have actually dug out a tracker and tracked, yes the no count queen has been TRACKING a solid 19 points per day, aren't I good? For the record, I lost half my weight on points, but could NEVER see myself doing it forever, and was a terrible tracker anyway, I think it was mostly exercise that got me through, but now I am being really good.

I am allowing myself some kind of treat (eg. lollipop, 85% dark choc square, scone) every day, so that I love to eat still, and don't surcumb to any unplanned splurges.

I have been open with my feelings, instead of bottling them up. This is a good thing.

I have been going to the gym. In fact, I increased my weights in body pump and really challenged myself.

I have a loving husband, wonderful friends, and many dear and caring online readers. Thankyou for reading, commenting and caring. A special thankyou to Kristy and Alicia, for the beautiful messages on your blogs, and for actually coming back and leaving 2 messages, I felt so special when I saw that! thankyou! mwah!

I think that will do for today! I will try and write more tomorrow or something... I have missed blogging and emailing etc, so expect more of it! :)

5 comments:

jen said...

Rae...you are one awesome lady and I am soooo proud of you and the way you are so full of positive courage and ready to face this lifestyle change despite all the obstacles life has thrown at you...you go girl!! You are good to go back to the points..keep it up darl...

Thanks for the comment on my blog...you are one very special lady too...mwahhhhhhhh

Jen xx

Unknown said...

Hey there!

Well done on making plans and sticking to them.. I have been really enjoying reading your blog! I am really inspired by how you handle the bumps in life's journey!

Please visit me at www.vox.com... unfortunately people need to register with vox to leave comments but please do!

Ash
:)

Lillybud said...

Hey Rae, well done on staying positive i know how hard that can be, sometimes its just easier to guit and give up. But good on you for being a stronger person than that and giving it your all. Its the up's and downs in life that make us who we are and i think from just reading your blog that you are a beautiful person inside and out!
Keep smiling! :)

Tracy

Berrie said...

Rae keep being the positive girl you are underneath your grief...its okay to have down days but the trick is in picking yourself up and you have done that,,,I am vry proud of you darl...
I am always here for you sweetie..
Mwah (((((HUG)))))
Berrie xxx

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
I am so glad that you are feeling more positive, you know you truly are a "rae" of sunshine, shining on our lives,
Mel

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...