Thursday, August 02, 2007

Well seeing as i am missing my job recently (you know how you get all nostalgic and conveniently forget all the bad things about a job when you have been out of it for a while, and it my case, doing absolutely nothing...), I decided to do a self portrait, what do you think? this is my 33wk bump, still don't have a outie belly button either! And though I still would love to spend the whole baby bonus on a new camera (I'm not going too, of course) I think my little camera did alright!
So anyway, keeping myself occupied...
I'm now on strict bed rest, if I flout it, I get admitted to the hospital, so I'm being good and resting up. Sitting and standing and moving are all out, but I have been lent a laptop (I'll be online a lot more now!) and so am beating away the boredom while lying in bed, though I am also enjoying the new pain killers, yay! My brother is being fantastic and is helping out a lot and Duane's boss is letting him have an entire month off, so we are feeling very lucky!
The engagement party went well, we will hopefully have photos soon, we are just waiting on them from Duane's Brother. I had to stay put for the entire time, so it was a little boring while everyone was out admiring the view from the outside of the boat, but it was really lovely seeing everyone. And beforehand I got to meet up with the forever lovely Tiny Donna, (who is definitely living up to the tiny part, you are looking gorgeous hun!!), so that was fabulous! We are having a little baby party on the weekend after next, and I am greatly looking forward to that!
Oh, as to birthday, I spent the whole day in bed reading Harry Potter, and not much else! I did get a GORGEOUS pressie from Jen though, thank you so much! I have the motherhood book sitting next to the bed and I keep reading little bits from it, it's gorgeous! And the incense smells divine! Thank you so much! You are such a gem! And Donna got me the most gorgeous shell necklace, which I wore on the cruise and everyone loved too. I feel so special, thank you!!
This is an average day for me, kitty loves having sleeps with me and beanie (I think Beanie is going to be born responding to the sound of purring!), and my big pillow with the laptop and both phones all at hand. :-)

Hope everyone is going well! And now that it is August, I can say that Beanie is due next month!YAY!!
love, Rae

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great get an update. Wow only one month to go. Take care of yourself and Beanie. Good to see your cat is hard at it as well!!
xxpreviously Butterflyxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Rae... sorry to hear that you are so sick babe.... but means that you get to rest lots and blog!!! YAY!!! You are looking wonderful and I cant wait to see photos of Beanie when they come along!!!
Take care babe
Suexxxx

Anonymous said...

the pic looks gorgeous missy and i love your pjs hehe

go beanie! i am so sorry i cant make your baby shower, boo hoo... i thought it was the saturday but its the sunday and we cant make it!

:(

i will come visiting as soon as u are popped!

d xx

jen said...

ohhhhh Rae, gorgeous pics...thank you for sharing.... Wowwwwwwwww just a month to go....I soooooooo can't wait to hear the news, its so exciting.

Glad you loved the pressie...my pleasure..

Jen xx

Erica said...

Rae! Hello you gorgeous thing!! OMG i havnt been toyou blogin like... forever.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear that your pregnancy hasnt been all 'roses' but it is a very special beautiful time, enjoy it as much as yu can coz its all over way to soon.

Love the pic hunny, preggy pis are soooo beautiful.

luv hugs n kisses,
... Erica x

Anonymous said...

Wow - that photo of the beanie Belly is every bit as good as Demi Moore's was on vanity fair all thise years ago.
Hang in there Huni, not far to go now.

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...