Monday, August 27, 2007

Nearly Spring... bring on Beanie







































HI Lovely Ladies! I hope you are doing well, and that spring is making itself known a little more to you! I am so excited that this LOOOOOONNNGGG pregnancy is almost over. I have conveniently forgotten to count how many weeks/months I have been confined to this bed (I love our bed, but I am very sick of it!) and the fact that if I counted my outings in the last few months, including OB's and hospital appts, I probably wouldn't even need to use my toes!
Anyway, because I'm such a severe case (as in the first they have ever had this bad, it's rather amusing to be so special I guess!), they are not going to even let me attempt a vaginal birth, so I have spent the last couple of weeks rather depressed while I have been coming to terms with my upcoming Cesarean section. I am feeling alright about it now, as I know this avoids the possibility of further damage leading to a permanent disability (definitely good to avoid!!!) and should hopefully also mean a shorter recovery time for me, I can't wait to walk again! Actually, I can't wait til I can even sit again!
Anyway, it is my Dad's birthday today, and he requested photos, so I got to go out into the backyard yesterday!! I am really happy we have some recent photos actually, I have been wanting a nice photo of Duane and I before Beanie makes three, and we finally have one! YAY! The other exciting thing for me this week has been getting a VERY overdue haircut, and I'm loving feeling pretty and not wild! YAY!
I'll try and update again soon, but otherwise stay tuned for a Baby announcement! We have a c/s booked, but if i go into labour early then c/s gets done then, and there has been a few funny things happening in the belly department... so we may be in for an arrival very soon! Besides, it's only 3 more days until Beanie is considered term!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap rae! i am so excited for you!! EEEE

looks like i might be visiting this weekend! my mums bday is the 30th, maybe beanie will come this week?!?!?!

eep!

u look so gorgeous and dont worry the c section will be fine. though i think the recovery is longer isnt it? due to the scarring and them cutting belly open.

anyway u will be fineeeeee!

mwah.. see u soon.. plus beanieeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, nearly due, thought you might have had the bub by now.

As for vaginal births, love... they are over rated, took me months of pelvic floor exercises to get my spring back "down there" plus I tore etc etc. Good luck with Bean!!!!!!

MWAH!!

Berrie said...

Hey Rae
I had 2 c sections and really they are okay the recovery is a bit longer than a natural birth but you will be fine....
I cant wait to hear the news about Beanie....hey send me your address honey so I can get a gift to you as well....please?
Love to you my friend and stay resting...
Berrie xxx

Mel said...

Hi Rae,
Wow you are nearly ready to pop! Wishing you all the luck in the world (not that you need it!) and for a fast recovery. With both my c-sections I was nearly back to normal straight away, just take it easy!
Mel

jen said...

wowwwwwwwwww I am so excited....nearly "Beanie" time... The pics are gorgeous Rae!! You'll be fine with the c-section, they doing it for the best reasons. Take care and let me know as soon as you can that "Beanie" is born...

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

hows my fave beanie today and miss belly girl?

good i hope!

you obviously havent popped yet unless you are logging in from the hospital hehe. that would be ME the obsessed hehe

luv u lots.. are u around tonight? can i ring u? xx

emharvie said...

Wow! You are nearly there. Good luck for the birth - I am sure you will be fantastic. We want to see Beanie!!!

Anonymous said...

oh you look so beautiful...and the belly looks great....cant wait for the babys pic....
all the best for the delivery...
Patricia xxx

beebeejaybee said...

hey rae

bugger about the C/S all for the best though, you are looking great, anyway excited to hear when beanie arrives

best wishes
B

Jessie said...

Oh Rae, Soooo exciting for you and all your family hey? not to mention us bloggers....:)

Wishing you and bub all the very best with the last little bit of waiting and the birth - the c-section is for ALL the right reasons, trust me (i've seen patients with similar conditions to yours go through a normal delivery...more painful and quite difficult to manage AFTER)!

But let's not think about that - after all this is all about you! Take care, rest up and let the excitement pass the final days away.

Hugs,
Jessie

Anonymous said...

Well?? I can't contain my excitement any longer - WAS IT A BOY OR GIRL!!!!! Seeing as it's now almost the middle of September you MUST have had beanie by now...........

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...