Saturday, September 05, 2009

I MADE IT TO GOAL!!!!


Well, so much for blogging! I can't believe how terribly slack I have been, I didn't do a single post since I rejoined WW in January. Well at least it has been successful in other ways, because I have finally made goal! IN fact, I'm under it. Even better.

So, after 13 or so years of being overweight or obese (with the exception of when I was pregnant, which funnily I was at a healthy BMI for most of it), I am here. The Healthy Weight Range. I'm a bit in awe actually... I think it will take some getting used to!

I think that is why, after all this time, I remembered to blog again. Because this will be something totally new to me. The idea of being no longer labeled as "big", "fat", "overweight", "obese", I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around. So I think writing down my thoughts again might just be the thing I need right now.

On a really positive note, this means dress shopping for me! I have my 10yr high school reunion in a few weeks, and I'm getting a cute little dress for the occasion, since I made it to goal. Duane even bought me flowers today as a congratulations. :)

So this is me. Having my own little celebration party on my neglected little blog. I have only told my mum, husband and 2 friends that I have made goal as of my WW meeting this morning. So it feels nice to send this out onto the web. Like I'm telling someone who has been there through all the ups downs and blank periods. It's a cool feeling. :D

hmm... I just went looking for a recent picture of me, and I couldn't find one! So all I have from the last few months, is a rather unflattering one of me at the Perth Zoo. Better get Duane to take some. Opps! At least there is plenty of Xavier!

2 comments:

jen said...

Well done my friend...sooooooo so happy for you, it is an awesome feeling!!

Keep smiling.

Sho said...

Congrats Rae!!

I checked your blog about a week ago so have only just spotted you posting on the WW boards :)

Can't wait to see the reunion dress so please put so new photos up soon.

Xavier is such a grown up Lad now

xx Shona

I have a healthy BMI!! WOOT! WWGW of 65kgs acheived Sept 2009.

On the way to the 50's...